8 Steps To Hosting A Successful Drive
1. REGISTER YOUR SUPPLIES DRIVE. Fill out the registration form here, and our staff will reach out to make sure you have all the tools you need to create a successful drive.
2. PICK YOUR CREW AND SET THE DATE. Get a team of family, friends, and neighbors to help you organize and execute your drive. Then pick a start and end date that works best for your team (we suggest making your drive at least two weeks long to give folks time to shop).
3. PREPARE YOUR SPACE. Once you’ve picked the location for your Supplies Drive, you should prepare for the incoming donations. Clear out space, set up boxes, and get organized so your drive can run smoothly.
4. GET THE WORD OUT ABOUT YOUR DRIVE. Use the United Way Outreach Toolkit (at the bottom of this page) to let everyone know how they can help with your Supplies Drive through flyers, emails, and social media.
5. START YOUR DRIVE AND GET COLLECTING! Start your supply drive and begin collecting donations. Set goals so you can motivate your community. As you start collecting, be sure to take lots of pictures to send to us after your drive.
6. DELIVER THE SUPPLIES. Once your supplies have been collected, and the end date has passed, please fill out our short recap survey to let us know how your event went. Don’t forget to send in pictures of your drive to firstname.lastname@example.org. Then, someone will be in touch to schedule a time for you to have your items picked up, or you can deliver the donations to the United Way office.
7. THANK YOUR TEAM! Be sure to thank everyone who took part in your drive and send them a thank you message. A simple thank you can go a long way.
Contact us anytime if you have questions or could use some help. Contact us at email@example.com or call 218-999-7570