Minnesota United Acts of Kindness Week
November 18th-22th is Minnesota United Acts of Kindness Week. A week dedicated to promoting kindness, generosity, and love through acts of kindness toward friends, neighbors, and strangers alike.
A simple act of kindness can change someone’s day and can spark a chain reaction. It does not need to be a grand gesture; it can be walking your neighbor’s dog, buying a coffee for a co-worker, helping an elder with their groceries, or holding the door open for a stranger. As proclaimed by Governor Mark Dayton, "Random acts of kindness and compassion positively impacts our communities, our state and the world."
The effort is the work of 40 United Ways across the state who are challenging Minnesotans to make the world a little better by spreading good will and showing your support by wearing your Live United T-shirt.
United Way of 1000 Lakes would like to invite you to join the movement and take the Acts of Kindness Challenge. The details are simple: for five days, do at least one random act of kindness, big or small, every day.
Join the Acts of Kindness Challenge:
- Perform at least one random act of kindness each day. Use this printable Kindness Card to set your kindness intentions for the week.
- Share your stories, photos, and videos on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. Create a temporary Kindness profile on Facebook and Twitter.
- Tag United Way of 1000 Lakes and use #MNACTSOFKINDNESS, #LIVEUNITEDMN, and #UW1000LAKES. Follow us on Twitter @UWay1000Lakes, FaceBook @UnitedWayof1000Lakes, and Instagram @uway1000lakes.
- Nominate five friends (one for each day) and keep the kindness going.
- Bonus: Show your support by wearing your Live United shirt. Get one free with $25 donation.
Example status: #MNActsofKindness: My challenge nomination came from <insert friend>, and I will nominate <insert 5 friends> to perform at least one random act of kindness each day for five days.
If you are busy or can’t think of an Act of Kindness, consider making an annual donation. When you invest in United Way, you fuel those important moments that help us show people that their situation might be a launch pad for something better, and all they need is a helping hand, hard work, and focus. Click "Give" button above or call 218-999-7570 to make a secure one-time or recurring gift. For more information, contact United Way at email@example.com or by phone at 218-999-7570.
Kindness Cards: Aging Adults | Children
Impact a child or an adult with a personalized, handwritten note of encouragement. By reaching out with a personal card, you are helping them feel connected to the community and brightening their day.
Note: United Way can help distribute these kindness cards after they are written. Please call us at 999-7570 to collect them.
Need more inspiration? Check out Lake Time Magazine's blog article: 25 Ideas for Minnesota Acts of Kindness Week.